Ranked as one of the "Best Places to Work" by the Boston Business Journal, our growth and success is directly linked to the dedication of our talented employees. Consider joining our growing team and working on some of the most exciting projects in the region. This position is eligible for up to a $5,000 sign on bonus!
Low Voltage Foreman is an integral part of the low voltage structured cabling team. Works cooperatively with the general contractor and/or customer in managing the project, project schedule and employees. Responsible for maintaining productivity, safety, quality control, and any other activities impacting the successful completion of the Low Voltage project.
- Establish project goals and monitor success in reaching those objectives on an ongoing basis.
- Able to problem-solve and willingness to take ownership of installation process and drive to successful completion.
- Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials and tools are onsite to perform required work.
- Proactive approach to resolving potential issues.
- Communicate effectively with crew, project owners, architects, general contractors, and management.
- Ensure all work performed meets with NEC, federal, state, local codes, and contract documents.
- Adhere to all corporate, state, and federal safety policies and procedures.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience supervising Low Voltage structured cabling system installations.
- Manufacturers Certifications (Panduit, Ortronics, Hubbell, Leviton, Commscope, Belden, Corning) are a plus, but not required.
- Fiber optic mechanical termination and fusion splicing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience related to scheduling, product knowledge and installation durations.
- Solid understanding of the electrical codes and installation methods.
- Well-versed in the installation of copper and fiber networks for commercial and industrial applications - voice, data, security, access control, firm alarm, and CCTV.
- Knowledgeable regarding the build, installation, and maintenance of control panels.
- Experience in verifying the compliance and functionality of installations.
- Knowledgeable in the identification and repair of faults in cabling and systems.