Kaydon Integrated Technologies is actively seeking a Security Systems Technician responsible for installing and servicing a wide range of security systems and surveillance products.
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal, our growth and success is directly linked to the dedication of our talented employees.
Consider joining the Kaydon Group and make your contribution to some of the most exciting projects in the region.
Sign on Bonus of up to $7,500
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience installing, terminating and working with access control, CCTV, programming, and alarm systems.
- Responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing I.P. networked camera systems, access control, computer server systems, video management software systems, Intrusion alarm systems, etc.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Follow blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans; feed cables through access holes, plenum spaces, and walls to reach outlets and hardware; then position and terminate cables, wires, and strapping
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures have been met.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach low voltage wiring to connect components.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Understand and execute basic software programming and adjustments to correct system deficiencies.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, and basic network related problems encountered by end-users of the network. Has a basic understanding of IPV4 and how to assign a computer an IP address.
- Licensed journeymen or Massachusetts Class D Systems Technicians are preferred, but not required.
- Able to be productive and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service.
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off and holiday time
- Educational Assistance
- Exceptional growth opportunities and more
Kaydon Group an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.